After School on the farm program 2020-2021
Spring Session 2021
March 29, 2021 - May 27, 2021
Fall SESSION I 2021
August 30, 2021 - October 14, 2021
Fall Session II 2021
November 3, 2021 - December 16, 2021
The Farm School classes at Fairview Gardens Farm will connect your children to the farm and environment through hands-on lessons, work projects in the garden, artistic expression, and other activities. We believe outdoor learning experiences can develop positive environmental attitudes and a greater learning engagement.
Participants in the program will:
- Explore and provide contextualized opportunities on the farm that extend classroom-based learning
- Support children’s mental health in a natural environment that encourages positive social and emotional growth
- Build community with peers and adults
- Foster an appreciation of the natural world
- Immerse students in physically active, field-based education
- Teach students about our local food systems and how each individual contributes to its success
about Our Spring Farm Classes
Experience Spring on the farm! Spring is a busy and bountiful season on the farm and in our natural world. We'll send our afternoons learning what makes our farm thrive while participating in the daily activities that make an organic farm function. Help care for the animals, plant the seeds that will grow into nourishing vegetables, and take part in the joys of seasonal eating.
We've made some new covid modifications for our education programs. Help us keep our students, families and staff safe by following our COVID-19 guidelines.
Registration for Fall Session I Open Now!
Twice a week
August 30th- October 14th (7 Weeks)
Mondays & Wednesdays
Once a week
August 30th - October 14th (7 weeks)
Choose either Tuesday or Thursday as your class day.