After School on the farm program 2020-2021
Fall Session II 2021
November 1, 2021 - December 16, 2021 (6 weeks)
Winter Session 2022
January 10th - March 10th (9 weeks)
Spring Session 2022
March 28th - May 19th (8 weeks)
The Farm School classes at Fairview Gardens Farm will connect your children to the farm and environment through hands-on lessons, work projects in the garden, artistic expression, and other activities. We believe outdoor learning experiences can develop positive environmental attitudes and a greater learning engagement.
Participants in the program will:
- Explore and provide contextualized opportunities on the farm that extend classroom-based learning
- Support children’s mental health in a natural environment that encourages positive social and emotional growth
- Build community with peers and adults
- Foster an appreciation of the natural world
- Immerse students in physically active, field-based education
- Teach students about our local food systems and how each individual contributes to its success
about Our Afterschool Farm Classes
Experience each season on the farm in a hands on, natural way! Each session is based around the corresponding season we're in. We'll spend our afternoons learning what makes our farm thrive while participating in the daily activities that make an organic farm function. Help care for the animals, plant the seeds that will grow into nourishing vegetables, and take part in the joys of seasonal eating.
We've made some new covid modifications for our education programs. Help us keep our students, families and staff safe by following our COVID-19 guidelines.
Registration for Fall Session II Open Friday, September 17th
Once a week
November 1st - December 16th (6 weeks)
Monday, Tuesday or Thursday
Please note we will not be having classes the week of Thanksgiving, November 22nd-26th